Pablo’s Status Update for 7/11

This week, I finished the single node. I had to overcome two major problems: Outdated libraries and incompatible hardware. The libraries for the ArduCam were written for Arduino and were reworked by someone else to work for the Particle Photon. Unfortunately, the pinout and macros for the Particle Argon are different, so this introduced a slew of errors. Luckily, I managed to rework the library much faster than anticpated and got the Camera Node up and running. The next issue came when trying to make the node completely standalone, the lack of voltage from the LiPo battery. I realized I was running into an error when removing from the computer because it was drawing extra voltage from the micro usb. The solution I used was moving from LiPo, to portable chargers. With this I now have images being captured and sent remotely over TCP! (picture from the Camera Node below!)

To be quite honest, I wanted to have this done much earlier, but the past week has been rough mentally due to the election. I am slightly behind, but readjusted our gantt chart and are still within the margin we laid out for ourselves. I anticipate to be completely done, with the Camera Node network set up in Sorrells 2 weeks from now. The next week, I plan on building the housing for the node and capturing the preliminary data set from my apartment.