Pablo’s Status Update for 31/10

I unfortunately did not get as much done this week as I had anticipated. This week was more hectic than usual, and I realized I had a flaw in my implementation, meaning that I have to refactor my code to correct the error.

I spent a good amount of time of the ethics reading and response this week. I found the fictional Ad Empathy technology design to be scarily realistic and probable uses for nefarious purposes hit a little too close to home considering Cambridge Analytica and the upcoming election. I suppose it is Halloween, so a bit of spookiness is to be expected haha. Additionally, thinking about ethics and how it relates to our project was a little sobering; I realized that if this project were to grow to become a commercial application, data security needs to be a priority as this information can be harmful if used for individual tracking.

I am currently a week behind schedule on delivering images good enough to start developing the model. I intend to spend this upcoming week setting up the node in my apartment so that I can start getting preliminary images sent, so Krish can continue working on the model.