Jiamin’s Status Report for 10/31

I got the NFC05 expansion board from school on Monday and started integrating the drivers and files from the Nucleo L764RG with the X-CUBE-NFC05. This took some time since some files were different and I had to look through individual files and make sure I placed the right things in the correct folder path. I also got the platformLog() to work so I don’t have to use my own printf() function anymore. With the tag bags I bought, I was able to start scanning on the expansion board. The UID also reads successfully! It matches the information that is shown in the NFC Tap app, when reading the tag on the phone. I started looking into the I2C protocol and how to handle that on the Nucleo. It does have HAL_I2C drivers so I will definitely be using those functions. Although when setting up the i2c peripheral in the Cube IDE .ioc file, it tries to regenerate code to match the new set peripherals, which messes up the RFID scanner code. Next week, I plan on working in a separate environment to get the i2c to work with the Jetson Nano, before trying to integrate with the RFID scanner environment. I also might need to buy some wires for next week to do connections between the Nucleo and Jetson. I will have to work with Iris to make sure the Nano has the i2c and GPIO permissions set up so that it can actually detect the Nucleo. We updated the Gantt chart to better reflect our progress (see team status report) and I am still on schedule. I am aiming to complete i2c by next week.