Minji’s Status Report for 10/24

This week, I focused on thinking about the database and designing the model for storing the temperature data. I will basically need two core tables — one for a community/organization member’s profile and one for recorded temperature. These two tables will have a one-to-many relationship. The profile record will consist of the RFID tag identification code and extracted profile information such as their first and last name. The temperature record will have the temperature, time stamp, and the location of the temperature measurement. The location is necessary for our core use case, so multiple devices can be installed throughout the building to keep track of who was in which room/area of the building. I started building out the model on the back-end side of the application using Django.

I am also preparing to start opening up the cloud gateway for receiving messages from the Nano. Next week, I’m going to work with Iris to connect the Nano to the internet using the wifi module that we already installed. We’ll test out the message transmission by sending simple test messages and see if we actually receive them on the IoT hub’s end. We aim to be able to send and receive messages between the Nano and the cloud by the end of next week.