Michael Chen’s status report for 11/14/2020

This week was a rough week for me since I got sick, so I was not able to get as much work done as I was hoping. Since we made the switch from WebSocket to REST API, I was able to implement a couple of endpoints for the RPi to communicate with the web server and retrieve a response letting it know if should open the door or not. I also worked on the REST API security to make it the same as it was for the WebSocket. We require that any request appends two IAM tokens that the server authenticates before doing any further processing.

Next week, I will be working with Alex Li to get the server communication set up from the phone. We will be implementing the phone and lock registration endpoints so the phone can contact the web server securely and register new phones and locks. Once registration is set up, the core functionality of the server should be complete and we can begin looking at any additional features we’d like to implement.

No risks to report for now, I believe we are on good track to finish and work on stretch goals as well.