Eric Mendez Status Update – October 12

Progress

I have been creating the structure of our Input/Output handler code that will be uploaded to the Raspberry Pi this week and tested with the circuit that Dan will be making. The I/O handler code will be relying on a sort of Object-Oriented coding structure that we’ve made in C. We chose C over Python because C code was measured to be about 110x faster than python code (http://www.spazztech.net/python-vs-c-on-rpi.html).

I’ve also been working to complete the Design Review Report in parallel with my teammates. We have gotten all the rough content down and now are going to bring it all together with correct formatting. The process of writing out explicitly what we want to do seemed tedious at first, but now I can confidently say that I’ve thought through a decent number of design issues we may run into that I wouldn’t have considered before. I am optimistic about this coming week and I look forward to using the Raspberry Pi more extensively.

Scheduling

So far our schedule is on track, we may need to revise our code once we start uploading to the raspberry pi, but we’ve allocated time to do that in the following weeks.