Dong Hun Kim Status Report October 12

This week was the design review presentation, and as the presenter I have received a lot of valuable feedback. The team sitting next to us (sorry I forgot to ask your name!) suggested that instead of using Bluetooth communication, we should look into using a dedicated chip like the nRF24L01 transceiver for communication. Some preliminary research shows that people have already integrated it with both Raspberry Pi (which we are using) and Arduino. It’s about $12 for 10 modules, so while it would be nice if we can scrounge around or borrow it, purchasing it is also within our budget. Of course, I also received feedback about my presentation skills. My posture, small volume, and using my phone for speaker notes was pointed out, so I will work on incorporating the feedback before the next time I present.

Having been responsible for the IMU coding, I’m still working on it and should be able to complete it some time next week. Given the performance benefit we ultimately decided against using languages like Python over C.