Ronit’s Status Report for 3/16/2024

Tasks accomplished this week

This week, I primarily worked on getting the PTZ Camera working with Nina. I spent most of my time working on installing libraries, upgrading the Raspberry Pi OS from Buster to Bullseye, and debugging installation dependencies (6+ hours). We were able to make significant progress and we would be able to get the camera up and running by the weekend.

Furthermore, I wrote code to integrate the YOLOv5 algorithm in the CV server nodes as planned (2+ hours). This essentially means that everything in the distributed CV server is completed, with the remaining task of relaying information to different components in the system. I also wrote a lot of unit tests to ensure the integrity of the system (6+ hours). With this done, I can fully devote my time to the PTZ Camera and communication between components.

In general, I still believe I am a little behind, as I hoped to have the camera up and running; however, we are extremely close to getting this done. I am going to work extensively this week to make sure that the PTZ Camera is working correctly, and that we are able to relay video data to the CV server from the Raspberry Pi.

Deliverables for next week

As mentioned above, I still need to work with Nina to get the PTZ Camera completely up and running. This should be straightforward now, as a significant amount of work has been done; only some basic libraries need to be installed. I also plan on working on the communication and integration of the Camera and the Distributed server next week, allowing us to have functional live computer vision in time before the interim demo.