Ronit’s Status Report for 3/9/2024

Tasks accomplished this week

This week, I primarily focused on writing the design report. I was responsible for completing the sections for our system architecture (2+ hours), design requirements (4+ hours), portions of trade studies (2+ hours), and testing and validation (3+ hours). I also took up responsibilities for making the diagrams in the report and general formatting (2+ hours).

Furthermore, I was able to implement the sequential YOLOv5 algorithm (3+ hours). This will serve as a baseline for comparisons of speedup and also gave me a significant insight into how I can implement it with the Distributed server. This shouldn’t take long to implement now, and then I can focus on writing test cases to verify the integrity of the distributed system.

Progress

I am still a little bit behind on my progress, as I hoped to have all testing and verification for the distributed server. However, this is okay, as I still have some slack time left. Furthermore, finishing unit testing will reduce time taken in the future to verify everything. I will work next week to complete all testing and implementations so that I can focus on the rover.

Deliverables for next week

As mentioned above, I still need to implement the YOLOv5 algorithm into the children server nodes. This should be straightforward now that the sequential algorithm is implemented. I also plan on finishing writing more comprehensive unit tests to ensure that all parts of the distributed server work as expected. This would involve somehow gathering a validation dataset, which I have to look into thoroughly.