There is not much to report this week. Listened to final presentations, made the poster, and filmed more content for the video. Next week we will be setting up demo, doing demo, and submitting final paper!
This week I presented the final project presentation. I have also been working on the final video, final report, and poster. I am using iMovie to edit the clips and voiceovers for the videos we used.
We are finished with creating the project, so we don’t have any significant risks, changes to the design, or changes to the gantt chart.
I am using iMovie to edit our video, as shown below. I am using the cutaway with some transparency to sync the video and transcript.
This week I have been working on our final report and we have also been filming our final video, and we have finished the poster.
We are on schedule for completing all documents for May 10.
For the demo next week and plan on including a live demo of our product with the poster.
This week we finished the final project presentation. We have also been working on the final video, final report, and poster.
We are finished with creating the project and we are just working on the end documentation so we don’t have any significant risks, changes to the design, or changes to the gantt chart.
We are using iMovie to edit our video shown here
We did a lot of testing this week. I was responsible for the transcription related tests so I spent time calculating word error rates, speaker ID error rates, and the like. The transcript latency test was fairly time consuming to evaluate as I couldn’t come up with a way to automate it but in the end there were a good number of samples and positive results.
I helped to prepare the final presentation slides this week. I also whipped up a script for the final video, and we got a lot of filming done today.
There’s not much else to report! I’m glad we pushed very hard to do a nice integration before the interim demo, so now we aren’t rushing to finish our MVP. Next week we’ll keep preparing final materials.
This week, I worked on more testing, final presentation, and video planning. This Monday, we finished our testing, and found that our system passed all of our metrics. We started our video planning on Wednesday by drafting out our script and footage. On Friday I practiced the final presentation.
Since we are working on our final presentation materials, we are on schedule and our risks are simply losing our group members to second vaccine doses next week.
This week I finished all tests for the audio networking and made more formal output files with the results. Our latency is~30ms and our dropped packet rate is ~.3% , both of these meet our requirements
We also finished the slides for our final presentation.
Today we are working on our final video outline and we are filming some clips of our meeting setup.
My progress is on schedule, next week we will be working more on the video and final report after our presentation
This week we finished development and both started and ended our testing phase. Testing was conducted on Friday and Monday. This involved developing testing strategies, doing the tests while we were gathered in the same place, and then evaluating the results. We were happy to find that all tests passed based on our requirements!
We also finished preparing our final presentation, filling in the final test results and additionally including links to sample test data. Mitchell practiced giving the presentation to the group.
We started planning our final video this week as well. We outlined what we wanted to include in the video and drafted a script for the voiceover and the footage we want to capture.
At this point, since we’re focused on our final materials, our risks and scheduling constraints are passing into the rear view mirror. We’re on schedule with our work. Our main risk is that the second covid vaccine dose incapacitates two of our members who are getting it next week.
We performed our demo last Wednesday and received overall good feedback from Professor Sullivan and Abha. After the feedback, I implemented the capability to download the transcript as a pdf. It is implemented using reportlab using a file-like buffer to receive PDF data and the Paragraph model to input text. I also setup the basic testing interface template for the Server and Client Tests using getopt for Cambrea to use. For processes that require a sudo command, I used getpass to retrieve and encoded password, so the password is not stored in bashhistory nor in file and piping it into into stdio using the -S flag for the sudo command. I have also started working on the final report presentation slides.
Since we are performing our tests now, if there are any major issues that require an implementation overhaul, we would have to scramble to accomplish it.
This progress is on schedule. We plan to finish the transcript testing on Monday.
Next week I continue to work on the final presentation slides and the final report.