- Basic Collision Detection program completed.
- Started testing of socket code between phone and laptop – theoretically should work fine between phones. Behavior is identical with regards to sockets.
- Prepared software for midterm demo! 😀
We are on track to our goals for the midterm demo, however we need to work on integration ASAP, as we expect to encounter some bugs in the future.
1. Touch up on the final parts of the mid term demo.
2. Begin integration with hardware side ASAP.
Capstone Status Update
- Algorithm design has been finalized
- Work began on the basic algorithm using Python. Python was chosen because it was a simple programming language to use, and existing software for running python code on an android device exist
- Installed and verified Python compiler on Android device.
- Implemented basic socket connection code to enable communications between both Android devices.
- Developed equations for calculating trajectories for vehicles (see design review report.
On the software side, we are on schedule, however, we have been having delays regarding our bluetooth connection between the sensors and the android device.
- Implement code for bluetooth connection with Raspberry Pi to pass sensor data.
- Pull localization data off the decawave app for the collision detection algorithm.