Kelly’s Status Report for 3/23/24

Work Accomplished:

• Worked on the UI of the Recipes page
    • Figured out a way to customize the tabs to be what I want
    • Made the Sort By buttons a customized radio button so that it toggles. (followed this example: https://blog.logrocket.com/create-and-customize-flutter-radio-buttons/)
      • Reused this widget so that it works for the Inventory page
    • Used some hardcoded data for recipes so that it can show on the item card, passing in different parameters than the ingredients.
    • Embedded a cooking animation that will play once the “Generate Recipe” button is pressed

• Researched how to get the video on the app: use the Flutter package stream_video
    • This package is specifically designed for streaming video content in Flutter applications.
    • It supports HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) and DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) protocols, which are commonly used for streaming video over the internet.
  • Researched how to access the LLM on the app:
    • Expose API endpoints on the server -> Implement API requests in the Flutter app -> Handle responses in your Flutter app.
    • There is also a Flutter package, langchain, which may be useful.

Progress:

• My progress is a little behind, since there a few new pop up UI screens we decided to add, like filters, but I did make some good progress with finishing up the recipes page UI and researching connections from the Flutter app and server. Since I am “making the app pretty” as I go, the last task under “App Implementation” will not be necessary, which we originally allocated a week for.

Things to complete next week:

• Finish UI of the app
    • Create filters pop-up
    • Create recipe page with info
    • Create custom item & custom recipe pop-up
    • Connect video feed
  • Set up LLM on the server
    • Develop APIs to interact with Flutter app