Michael’s Status Report for 2/17/24

Weekly Accomplishments

This week was mostly spent figuring out how to move forward with regards to our project architecture and preparing for the design review presentation. The flashiest thing from this week’s work is the CAD model that we’ve been preparing for the design presentation (Still iterating, model subject to change). Presentation slides are still work in progress & the final version will be linked on the main site.

Additionally we realized we needed a few more parts for connecting the cameras to the RPi Zero (Special smaller connecter than normal RPi Camera ports), and an Mini HDMI dongle (for debugging purposes). Both have been ordered and should arrive next week.

Overall Progress

This week wasn’t super exciting as I was mostly focused on the design presentation. At the time of writing, we’re trying to figure out what to do with one final page. I’ll be ready to present on Monday.

We’re waiting to hear back from Professor Bain if we’re requesting parts from AMD directly, or if he’s going to do the batch order. I’ve written up an email that’s scheduled for Monday morning so it’ll be at the top of his inbox.

Next Week’s Goals

1. Finishing touches on presentation slides & prepare to present.
  2. Write scanner main kernel & make sure that there’s acceptable performance.
  3. Revise designs based on feedback from presentation & testing.