Grace Liu’s Status Report for February 24th, 2024

This week, my group members and I carefully reflected upon previous feedback from peers and faculty to curate a cleaner and informational presentation. Because we have made some significant progress in meeting our target goals every week and have made a few design changes, it was a bit more difficult for Surya to include everything in under 12 minutes for the design presentation. Nonetheless, Surya did a great job of addressing previous concerns from peers (i.e. clear definition of MVP and quantitative design requirements from the user perspective) and reporting design progress. A lot of our progress and discoveries made during the process helped us visualize the bigger problem and additional factors that would need to be addressed in our design report.

In terms of our web application, after viewing other group’s presentations and use-case requirements from the perspective of their users, I focused more efforts on designing frontend that would be easy to use as well as attractive to our typical user. I started creating better mockups for the pages I have in views.py and HTML pages (user login, user profile, and user home page). Tabs/buttons that should be included on every page for user accessibility are the home page, a user guide that will have details on how to maximize the use of our product, perhaps (to attract more users) have a leaderboard of daily calorie intake between users in the same household, and a logout button.

I am a little behind on schedule as the goal was to have most of the frontend without backend connections from Steven and Surya to be completed soon. Next week, I plan on reflecting upon changes we may want to add to the user interface with my group members and complete the rendering functionalities between different HTML pages. With the design report being due as well, I plan on creating specific system implementation diagrams with changes derived from more recent testing operations.