Lin’s Status Report for 2/24

This week, since I’m the presenter of my group, I prepared for the design review presentation on Wednesday. I did a lot of practice to make sure I don’t need to look at notes during the presentation. Aside from the presentation, I researched on how the rhythm processor could work since my previous work mainly focused on pitch processing. After reading some past research and projects, I decided to use a window size of 1/8th of a beat. 

I also looked into Librosa to see how to find peaks for an input audio of 1/8th of a beat. I didn’t find the function but I found there’s a find_peak function in the Scipy library, so I decided to use that. However, the code still has some bugs right now and can not detect peaks correctly. 

I am slightly behind the schedule this week since I have both the design presentation and midterm paper due. I will definitely work harder next week to keep up with the schedule. I want to finish debugging my code by next week and test with some input audios generated from a real-life saxophone.