Max’s Status Report for April 27, 2024

This week, I tested the sensor module circuit without the LM7805 and unfortunately got similar results as before with the circuit lasting about 2.5 days. I am now rerunning the test with different software since the HTTP requests were being sent at a 5-second interval, but I think that making the interval 1 minute more resembles how a bench is used and I’m confident we’ll get a better battery life this way. I also cut the pieces for the final people countercase, and I’ll be assembling it tomorrow as I have to work on other classes. Also, at the start of the week, I 3-D printed the sensor case with no issues. We’ve planned our demo as well for next week, and plan on showing a live feed with the help of a friend of the gym to show that our application works in real-time.

My progress is on schedule as I had allotted time for both debugging the sensor and creating the demo cases for the two sensor systems.

I look to have the cases finalized for the demo with everything soldered together inside and complete the final deliverables (poster, video, report) with my teammates.