Anika’s Status Report for 2/24

This week I continued working on the Companion app. I added a temporary logo to our app created multiple pages within the app, one for trigger preferences and one for setting emergency contacts (with more pages within those). For the emergency contacts page I did research on how to get access/permission to retrieve the user’s contacts via the app and displaying the contact information. I then incorporated this into the app so we are able to make use of the person’s contact’s that are already there. Now I need to implement being able to add a new contact in and how to store this information in our app to be sent/used by the jewelrly if necessary. I think my progress on the companion app is on schedule, but I hope to start the PCB design this week

In the next week I hope to get figured out how to save information (from our trigger settings) and pass it back through pages for the companion app so we can use that information and pass it to our actual jewelry device. In addition, I will do some more research on packages for acquiring GPS location for setting the location radius triggers.

I also want to get started and make significant progress on the necklace PCB design. In order to get this completed we need to spend time as a team finalizing components/dimensions of each component to draw up the design and get it ordered.

I have attached a video of the progress made on the app:

App Progress Link