Olivia’s Status Report for 2/24

Helped work on the slides and presentation for Bradley’s big day this past Monday. It was very exciting and hear from people. In the process of working on Bradley’s slides, design changes were implemented. I figured out quickly that the ESP32 could be used as an MCU for most of our materials. I also had the duty of figuring out how to power the whole pendant. This would require an understanding of what devices would be made passive, only awake for short periods, and what would be required to stay on at all times. Knowing this information helped me create an idea of how much power each would need, comparing this with device specifications it was easier to understand how. to predict what the average input would be and how large the battery would it entail.

This week I will begin researching ESP communication beginning in order to start communication between the pendant and the mobile app.

Hoping to ensure a good portion of a parts are ordered as we have finally finalized our design idea and have a much better understanding of how a feasible approach will work.