Matthew Choi Status Report 2/10/2024

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

I took a look at the parts that we needed and made a simple arduino model in order to test whether it was possible for different ultrasonic sensor models to detect water level to an accurate level. The process involved soldering wires and assembling parts within a breadboard. A different model of the microcontroller was used with the same amount of pins in order to estimate how many different items we could fit onto the microcontroller. I also ordered the bluetooth microcontroller that we will use for our product, as well as a new, waterproof ultrasonic sensor. I also CADed a brief model of a cylindrical water bottle we may potentially use, since it would be easier for us to estimate the volume of water thanks to the simpler shape.

• Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

We are on schedule

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

I  hope to assemble the photodiode with the rest of the microcontroller assembly to start assembling a model without using a breadboard. We want to get a general idea on how many sensors we can fit inside of the SEEED microcontroller. I will also work on soldering specific wires to directly connect the microcontroller to the waterproof ultrasonic sensor