Alan’s status report for 03/23/24

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week, I accomplished a few things for the project:

1-Added Total Dissolved Solids and Turbidity sensor to the circuit, and tested them, finding significant differences in the liquids tests (water, milk, and coffee).

2-Re-wired the circuit to use a single Adafruit ItsyBitsy Arduino board, rather than 2.

3-Improved the ble connection, writing a TCP-like protocol that waits for requests and waits for acknowledgement from the recipient.

4-Tested with different liquids (milk, water, coffee) for color, TDS, and turbidity, finding significant differences.

5-Wrote a vector-distance based classifier in python, to differentiate liquids.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

On schedule

For the next week, I will fabricate the bottle, placing the sensors and holding them in place with sealant (as one of my current problems for testing is that I need to hold all sensors in place to get the readings), and work with Matthew to integrate with the cadded parts. I will also work with Erin on the app, to process ble packages and do the classifying logic in the app itself. Finally, I will plan and rehearse the interim demo, to identify potential issues and make sure it goes smoothly.

BLE communication (Adafruit ItsyBitsy <-> Bluefruit app on my Android phone):