Alan’s Status Report for 03/09/2024

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

Last week, I mostly work on the design report. Once this was finished, I turned back to the hardware and integration. I helped Matt test the waterproof ultrasonic sensor, and figured out the issue was with the RS485 protocol. I placed the order for the new sensor. I also investigated an issue with an order we hadn’t received (a photoelectric water level sensor) and coordinated to re-place the order – the sensor should be here sometime next week.

Finally, I picked up the Adafruit ItsyBitsy board from receiving, set them up for usage (soldered pins and burned bootloaders) and assembled the bottle circuits on a breadboard! As you can see on the picture, there are two independent circuits. The one on the left is the bottom assembly, with a thermometer, color sensor, and pressure plate, while the one on the right is the top assembly, with an ultrasonic sensor and a pressure plate. I used driver code (adapted and combined from online tutorials) to ensure that all the sensors worked together as I assembled them.

Finally, I began testing the bluetooth connection. I succesfully ran bluetooth code from the ItsyBitsy, but am having issues on the React end.

• Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will betaken to catch up to the project schedule?

On schedule

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Next week, I hope to successfully connect the ItsyBitsy board to the app over BLE. I will also write the FSM to only update the level reading when necessary, according to the pressure plate readings.

Circuit: