Matthew’s Status Report 2/24

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

At the start of the week, I got started on soldering the SEEED microcontroller, as well as making modifications to the ultrasonic so that it could be directly connected onto the microcontroller, as well as accounting for reducing the length of the wires.

Unfortunately, Alan and I noticed the flaws of the SEEED microcontrollers, due to connection issues with our respective computers, so we are currently debating using a different microcontroller, such as an Arduino NANO BLE or Adafruit BLE models. We also reconfirmed the usage of the copper wire to be used as plates for a parallel capacitor setup.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule

I am ahead of schedule with testing, but behind schedule with bluetooth testing and overall assembly thanks to the issue with the SEEED boards. I will have more time next week to work on the boards or even finding new microcontrollers

By next week I am hoping to have received a new microcontroller setup, and making modifications to the sensors that we have so that we can assemble all of the components together onto a breadboard setup.