Luca’s Status Report for 2/10

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).
    • I found an open source project for a marble-in-the-sand drawing table, and went through all constituent parts and found links for them all. This was done and added to a spreadsheet found here.
    • I set up the website with everything specified in the website guidance file on canvas. I also completely redesigned the website, created a logo, and created a good tile-able background (harder than it sounds). While the final version of each is present on the site, the Photoshop file and previous outputs are stored in our drive.
    • I worked with Callum and Anirud in lab to determine the feasibility of induction sensing. We concluded it likely it’s reasonable, and we will now continue testing magnetometers and hall effect sensors.
  • Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will betaken to catch up to the project schedule?
    • I believe we are on schedule. Next week I plan to throw together a finalized CAD of the entire assembly, and time permitting, begin ordering constituent parts.
  • What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week
    • A mostly finished, Finalized CAD assembly of our project. Because discussion and trial and error takes time, I’m optimistic to have entirely finished by the end of next week.