Rachana’s Status Report for Apr 22

Personal Accomplishments

This week I was mainly working on getting the signal parameters to match up with the beat time stamps, and implementing user feedback by process control switches. The user queue allows us to have real time feedback on our lighting interface, making it more user friendly. We are basically replacing the main commands at a beat timestamp with the user command that comes in, and then going on to process the rest of the user commands at the right places. 

I modified our spotify integration and feature query system to be like “I play a bit of the song”, or I can search up using the song name, or I can upload a song to test it, and the interface goes into Shazam recognizes the song in the case of audio input, and polls spotify features, and also polls pytube for an mp3 of the song that is later signal processed. 

I want to currently work on getting recommendations based on the features of the song extracted on spotify, and display that for the user. We prefetch these songs for the user so in the event the user chooses to select these songs, it’s going to be quick to get the signal parameters for the lighting engine. 

We decided to push back on voiced and unvoiced parts as this required some audio separation features and masking that had to be implemented for it which was a little complicated to get into at the moment.  

On Track?

I think I am on track with my requirements for my engine. We have modified our engine a bit since we have designed it, so there are a few pending updates that need to be made to account for pytube integration with Shazam. I have added some additional functionality apart from what was needed right now for the signal processing engine. The system that we are working on has alot of unfinished tasks, and we are just taking whatever tasks we can get to at this point. 

Goals for Next Week 

The next week, we want to see a good integration of the UI with the lights and the signal processing engine. For me I want to be able to synchronize user commands and main commands on the lights, I want to integrate the signal processing with the UI, and prefetch with Spotify recommendations.