Caroline’s Weekly Status Report 2/25

This week I worked on the design and assembly of the robot chassis and hardware. I made multiple adjustments to the CAD model in order to better accommodate our parts. First, the top piece of the chassis was too thick and inflexible to mold into the desired form factor, so I made adjustments to the front, back, and side plates to accommodate a thinner top panel. Additionally, I measured the dimensions of our motors and added supports to hold the motors and holes in the side panels to fix the axel. When testing out these supports, we found that the motors were not secure enough, so I drafted a new CAD design which ensures that the motors will not be able to move in any direction during operation. I will be laser cutting and testing this design as early as possible so that we can proceed with testing the calibration of the motors in the robot. I am currently behind on the sensor system assembly as one of our sensors has not arrived yet, but I will start working with our current sensors next week and help with the interfacing of these sensors.