Sophia’s Status Report 4/1

The beginning of this week was spent trying to figure out the how to determine distances from the raw IMU data. Instead of using the orientation vector, which was causing issues as discussed in my previous status report, I have decided to use the gryo parameter instead.  I have found a couple tutorials on how to incorporate a gyro parameter in order to potentially get better rotational orientation. As of now, from the acceleration data, I “double integrate”  by multiplying the acceleration vector by the time stamp. From this, I generate positional (x, y, z) coordinates. I spent the rest of the week working with Anthony on our hardware and software communication with Uduino. I wrote a very simple test script that tries to send “Hello” to Unity, but there were a lot of struggles trying to get Unity to work in the first place. The testing for this communication will need to be carried over into next week. Below is our code repo that we will be updating with our scripts.

https://github.com/murrowow/18500-capstone-hardware

As of now, we are technically ahead of schedule since integration between hardware and software is a little later. However, the hardware itself is still not fully able to provide extremely accurate distance coordinates. This updating and tweaking of the hardware is meant to occur this week and up to the next week.

Next week will be spent flushing out Uduino for our hardware software communication and figuring our gyroscope in order to get more accurate positional coordinates.