Roger Lacson’s Status Report for 3/11/2023

• Personal Accomplishments
    • I have begun implementing the software to process files and bitwise hamming encode them. The progress I have made on my code is screenshotted below.
    • I have decided to use a somewhat less space-efficient method for caching old packages (in case errors occur and packages need to be resent) in favor of speed and ease of understanding.
    • I wrote my part of the design report. Doing this in parallel with implementation hindered my implementation progress, but I hope to have sender and receiver library code finished by the end of the week following break.
  • Schedule
    • My schedule has been adjusted. We were hoping to have hardware fully finalized before break so I could begin implementing software to implement with our devices, but we only finalized the device right before the break. As such, I moved onto other coding challenges to maintain the timeline, namely, the implementation for the software processing of packets from the sender side, as well as writing pseudocode and adjusting it for the receiver side.
  • Deliverables for Next Week
    • I plan to have full implementations for the sender and receiver codes, separate from the hardware interfacing itself. This should prepare me to tackle challenges related to hardware in the following week, namely, VCP implementation and EEPROM programming, both of which, I do not have experience with and will need time.
    • Well-documented and thorough testing of my implementations and helper functions