Nii-Okaitey’s Status Report for 4/1

This week I was finally able to figure out why our Jetson was not working. It turned out to be an issue with the board, which I was able to figure out after trying another group’s (A5) board. With a new working board, I was able to begin working on my responsibilities. As the interim demo is coming up next week, I knew it would not be possible to make up the 2 weeks I lost debugging the boot up problem. Instead I spent this week focusing on how I can get the board into a position to show the proof of concept. This set my goals for the week at getting the Jetson connected to the internet, getting it to send a message across the internet to our database, and then having it recognize a camera. The wireless wifi router did not seem to be working with the board, so I began using the backup ethernet cable we ordered. I first tried to use the HDMI display mode with just the board and an ethernet port located in HH1305, but the jetson still did not show any internet connectivity. I then tried using the ethernet cable with my laptop and ssh’ing into the board, but there are still signs of the jetson not connecting to internet (the command “ping google” does not return anything.

Currently, my progress is still behind schedule due to the faulty Jetson issue. I am trying to catch up by completing multiple steps in one week, but I will likely have to spend some of our verification and validation time getting the hardware to a satisfactory point for the project.

For deliverables, I hope to have the a board with internet access that can recognize a camera, and send basic messages over the network to our database.