This past week (before spring break) I accomplished a few things. I worked a lot on the design report. Specifically, I worked on writing the web application portion for the requirements and implementation sections, as well as fleshing out a more clear integration portion for each section. I spent a lot of time writing, revising, and reviewing this document, and it took up the majority of the week since it had so much information packed in. I also wrote some miscellaneous sections like the schedule and created a more clear Gantt chart for the paper, compared to our previous schedule. This week I also looked into purchasing the Google Maps API. This took a lot of time because the educational coupon that was provided was not clear in how to purchase the API with it, and the way to purchase the API was very very complicated. None of the staff was able to help me figure out how to purchase it, so it took a lot of time, and unfortunately I will be paying for it on my own, since that was the only way to make an account and the price exceeds $50. However, I have figured out how to purchase it (I think) and will do that post-spring break so that I can use a 14 day free trial and decrease the price and the amount I have to spend.

I am a week behind schedule because I did not account for purchasing the API and having to deal with these minor roadblocks of payment to add so much time. I will make up for this in the week after spring break by just working a bit more. Also, I have prepared for next week by looking into code snippets for how to get the google maps API to work, specifically with the marker functionality. That should reduce the time I have to spend doing that next week.

Next week I hope to have successfully purchased the google maps API and tested out some code where I am able to add a marker. In addition, I would also like to clean up the page to display the map with the marker.