This week I worked mostly on continuing to set up a base for the web application. I created a Django app for our site and created some basic HTML and CSS files to set up a login page. This week, I focused more on laying out each page and outlining what needs to be done for each one, such as a login page, a map tracker page, a photo page, etc. I am also working more on deciding how I want the user experience to be in terms of website flow, such as what should be automatically loaded/redirected and what the user should have to navigate to themselves based on what they want. Next week, I will work more on implementing the actual functionalities for each page. In addition to this, I have also been working on the design review report. I have been specifically been working on the architecture, design requirements, design trade studies, testing, and project management sections. For the first four, I have been focusing on the front end and the specific implementation and design details for the web app. For the project management section, I am focusing on how we are all splitting up our work and the timelines.

My progress is on schedule. Next week I plan to request a purchase for the Google Maps API and have a base site set up so that I can work on marker functionality and style tweaks. My goal is to have all of that done by the time my teammates are ready to integrate so that I don’t have to work on both the marker functionality and the integration in parallel.

0 Comments