Aishwarya’s Status Report for 4/23/22

This week, I completed integrating model execution with the randomized testing feature that Valeria created for the web app. The user proceeds through a set of mixed questions and the models execute on their inputs, so that scores are accrued in the background, and then presented to the user at the end in a score board format. Further, I resolved the bug from last week where the stop action triggered by the user or the timer was executing repeatedly, preventing the user from making further inputs. Now, the user can create multiple attempts at a sign without this bug hindering them.

I also gathered metrics for model training and testing accuracy vs number of epochs for training. This data will be included in our final presentation next week, and it also revealed that some of our models need additional data (created by us) to retrain and improve testing accuracy. Additionally, I conducted user tests with Valeria in order to obtain feedback about our platform, so that we may improve it further before final demo.

My progress in on schedule. The web app and the models are fully integrated. This next week I will focus on tuning the models and gathering more data (concerning model testing accuracy and execution time to generate a prediction) for our documentation of results.