Joanne’s Status Report for 4/30/2022

This week was final presentation week so we as a group worked a lot on polishing the slides and doing testing on our prototype. We conducted a lot of testing on latency, performance, accuracy and that was our focus for the latter half of the week. The early parts of the week, Edward and I took time to debug our unity/gesture code to provide better model translations. Before there was a bug of irregular spikes in the model’s movement when given gestures. However we were able to go through our whole code, and figure out what caused the issue. We were not resetting the appropriate values after the completion of one gesture, thus causing issues with data calculation. Our integrated model works fairly well in response to gestures now! After that we have been focusing on testing + hologram portion. I added new features to the web app which include changing models (now there are three models that the user can switch between), and incorporating the previous sensor data visualization we had with our current web app. I will continue this week to finish up the UI for the web app and help with finalizing other portions of the project such as display/hologram creation as well as the final report/ poster.