Joanne’s Status Report for 4/10/2022

This week was demo week so we focused in on integrating the parts of our project. We conducted more testing on how the live sensor data translates to our model transformations (rotate, and zoom). We tried to mimic as many gestures from different angles and observed whether or not they performed the correct functionality on the model. We found out there was slight lag between the user input and the model translations due to lag in data being sent due to spotty wifi in the lab. Professor Tamal mentioned that he could help us out with the connectivity issue, so we are planning to talk to him this week about that as well.

Other than demo work, I also started taking in more info from the hardware to also display things such as battery life, on/off status. Once i get the information via MQTT from the hardware, it updates it self on the webapp. I am also planning this week to create a visual layout of where the finger is in relation to our sensor layout.

I thought of a new algorithm to help translate the data better into smoother translations. I could not translate my new approach to code yet due to carnvial week. However I hope this new approach will help in making the model move more smoothly even in the presence of noise and at a rate more consistent with how fast the user is swiping/ pinching.

I believe we are on track, and as a group this week we are planning also to mount our hardware onto a wristband so that we can see what actual data taken from our arm would be like.