For this week, my focus was on making the assembly of the glove. I completed the design of the Micro and sensor casings. I placed a 3D printing order at TechSpark and was able to receive the product after two days of placing the order. When I acquired the printed casings, I used epoxy to hold the casings on the glove. I tried putting the Micro and the sensor in each corresponding case. By that time, our team only had one glove that we used for both CV and physical sensor testings. Since both areas can’t be working at the same time, our team felt the need to make another glove with the same casings on it. Hence, I placed new orders for the Aruco markers, sensor, and Micro casings. TechSpark is still in the progress of 3D printing my jobs. I hope to finish the assembly of a total of two gloves by next Monday.

For the other times, I worked on the accelerometer/gyroscope’s velocity data. I have finalized the rotational velocity data by correcting the drift. I noticed that the drift of rotational data can be corrected using a complementary filter. Here, as it was mentioned in the Design Report, a complementary filter is a filter combination of low and high pass filters. I am still verifying the alpha coefficients of the two filters. The alpha of 0.5 is working as expected, but more verifications have to be made.

I am a little behind on schedule in terms of finishing the assembly of the gloves. Also, our team decided to put more focus on the glove assembly than fixing the velocity data. I hope to get the glove done by next Monday. Once that is completed, I hope to finalize the velocity data and check for metrics of my data. All of these steps will make our project come into one system.

Min Gun’s Status Report for 4/16/22
Tagged on: