For this week, Harry was able to establish the connection between the Micro and the Due. Using the rotational gyroscope data, parameters on Ableton Live are controllable and change sounds as we expected. This turned out to be very promising in terms of our project’s progress. As this communication got established, we are confident that any kind of data now sent out from the Micro will be handled in a software synthesizer. Now that Harry will focus on making a connection between the Jetson and the Due, I will have some time to finalize sensor handling on the Micro and the design of the glove.

The two last jobs that I needed to finish are increasing the stability of acquiring the velocity data and putting in a 3D printer job order for the Micro casing. Our team noticed that there were times when the velocity data showed irregularity. We found the problem is related to how the sensor detects the direction of a movement. Since the normalized acceleration data is somewhat noisy, I believe some conditionals are triggered due to the noise in the signal. The solution to this problem is to clean the normalized acceleration signal. I want to take some time to look into how I can improve my complementary filter to rid of this problem. In terms of the casing design, the team decided to have a separate casing for the Micro and the accelerometer/gyroscope sensor. Both casings will be placed on the back of one’s hand and will be right next to each other. For the wires going across the two casings, I made holes on the sides of the casings so that the wires can be presented in an organized look and we plan to use a heat shrink tube to clean the look of the wires. Below is a photo of the modified casing design for the Micro. 

I am a little behind on schedule as I was supposed to start the testing of the pressure sensor. However, the other task for this week was establishing a connection between the Micro and the Due. Having the communication setup was a big relief and it will give me more time for me to focus on the sensor board itself. In the coming week, I hope to finalize the jobs mentioned above and also start the testings for both the pressure sensor and the accelerometer/gyroscope.

Min Gun’s Status Report for 4/10/22
Tagged on: