For this week, I presented our team’s proposal presentation on Wednesday. All the team members contributed to making the presentation slides. We edited the slides multiple times in order to deliver only the important information. After all the slides were created, I practiced for a total of seven hours to deliver a clear proposal presentation. Overall, the presentation went well and I was able to provide information about our use-case requirements, implementation methods, and possible challenges.

Along with the presentation, our team decided to meet every Thursday and we made some progress this week on finalizing our hardware and software design choices. In particular, I found three force sensors and a gyroscope/accelerometer breakout board for the initial physical sensor data acquisition. Also, the team decided to work with an Arduino Micro for the system’s sensor data processing. We placed an order for these sensors and the board on Friday and we hope to receive them by next week to start collecting data from those sensors.

My progress as well as the team’s progress is on schedule. By next week, I hope to acquire data from the sensors using an Arduino. If the Arduino Micro doesn’t come on time, I will use my Arduino Uno to start collecting data and be on track with our schedule. As long as I understand the data and its variables, I will also look into ways of cleaning the collected data and formatting them into a data type that can be sent over to the other boards.

Min Gun’s Status Report for 2/12/22
Tagged on: