ruizhezh’s Status Report for 03/26

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

Apart from the ethics assignment, I was trying to receive HTTP requests from AWS servers on Raspberry Pi. 

However I discovered that there are many technical difficulties with this process, that if use __ to connect Pi to the internet:

1. mobile hotspot: HTTP requests cannot be sent to Pi as port forwarding are not supported / cannot be configured. 
  2. CMU Wifi: For whatever reason we are still uncertain about, the Pi is unable to connect to CMU wifi and all online answers have failed to rectify this problem. Even if it can connect to CMU wifi, port forwarding will still prevent the HTTP request from reaching PI. 
  3. A WIFI router: we cannot find a ethernet port to set up a router in the parking garage. 

Researching this topic and testing the above solutions (without success) mostly summarizes my work this week. 

Is your progress on schedule or behind? 

My progress is behind due to the above issue. I am making changes to the design to rectify this issue. Hopefully the issue can be solved soon. 

Planning to test ways to circumvent the issues posed by the Raspberry Pi IP addressing issues; 

Planning to link together Raspberry Pi and AWS Server for communication testing.