David’s Status Report for 4/2

My focus for the week has been to figure out how exactly to link together all of my modules. Some components that I had were dependent on the Python version like using the Binance API or how the socket communication was configured. I resolved the version issues and changed the Miner so that it would connect to multiple mining pools at the same time. All information obtained from the mining pool is ready to be sent over, but I continue to wait for that part of the project to be completed. I have been able to link the decision process and communication with the mining pool together. There is a main miner object that connects to the different mining pools, currently 2 of them for different coins on different ports. Before this, it trains on the historical data to have its model ready for inference. After subscribing to the mining pools, it spawns jobs from their replies in threads so that the main thread can sleep every 10 seconds determining when to switch. Our way of switching has changed because of OS difficulties, so it currently outputs its prediction into a file to be transported to and fro remote servers. It waits for replies from the GPIO wires (waiting for this to be done) and sends this back to the mining pools.

I will continue to improve the decision process with suggestions from Professor Kim about using the number of transactions (trades) and integrating more real time data like number of shares found and difficulty. I will also try and see if I can find a way to funnel in the amount of money we get into the decision making process. I know the demo is coming up, so this may take a backseat as I try to help my other teammates to get back on track with what they’re doing, or perhaps figure out the details on the remote server communication.