Jason’s Status Report for 3/26

This week, with the basic front-end application implementation from Nakul, I was able to deploy the code and get it working on a few EC2 instances on AWS in our server architecture. I tested the functionality of the code that was deployed using my own browser, but in the coming weeks, I will work on implementing scripts in order to simulate users instead of having to manually test connections. Additionally, aside from the one video that the front-end video application currently uses, I also plan on finding additional videos from Youtube that our application will service in order to create a larger variety in load.

Another thing that was brought up to me by Mitul was condensing the back end and database server tiers into one comprehensive database access tier. After this suggestion, I looked into how to combine these instances in AWS and rework our architecture a little to accommodate this change.

In the coming week, I will continue to deploy any changes in code with our application as well as implement a monitor node to keep track of relevant metrics fro our project.