Jason’s Status Report for 2/12

This week, I mainly worked on the project proposal presentation before it was presented by Mitul to the section. In particular, I filled in the slides explaining the basics of multi-tiered architecture and load balancers as these are the foundations of our project that enables us to test different load balancing algorithms.

Another item on the presentation I was responsible for was the Gantt chart. I found it very helpful in dividing the daunting scale of the full project to much more manageable smaller tasks. It also helps in realizing the specifics of each step in the project. We now have a very clear timeline of who to do what when until the end of the semester very early on in the project.

Finally, when we encountered the technical challenge of having to simulate users to put a non-trivial load on the servers, I looked into and proposed various solutions such as running scripts on our own devices as well as maybe using the ECE clusters or more ec2 instances from AWS in order for similar purposes.