Fayyaz Status Report 2/26

This past week I focused on two key things. The first being the design proposal. For the weekend, I was helping culminate all slides for the proposal and ensuring everything was to be presentable for Monday. This mostly included detailing new and relevant additions and changes to our project as a whole. This included new calculations taking in to account city driving (average 8 mph), updating our block diagram that showcases our new hardware, algorithms, and frameworks that we decided to use. An updated picture is below.

The presentation went well. I have already worked on the design report that is much more detailed. I have found some papers as well as more articles that’s give more breath to our project and will allow for a clearer picture. We intend to work on this through the next week as the deadline is coming up.

I also worked with the jetson and ensuring it is ready for integration and testing. Using this link as a guide, https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/learn/get-started-jetson-nano-2gb-devkit#setup-display, I flashed the CPU and have gotten it ready with its respective OS. As the LiDAR is coming in this week, I hope to integrate them both as soon as possible so we start testing. I hope do that this week.

Overall, very standard week. We are still waiting on some parts. As the next week comes we hope to have a clear design report ready and the jetson fully tested and integrated with the LiDAR.