Team Status Report – 26 Mar 22

This week was a relatively productive week; we were able to get our individual parts working, and are quickly moving on towards integrating our various components into a working prototype:

• Samuel: Successfully got a model working with ability for our C++ program to detect and classify fruits relatively accurately with real-world conditions (real fruit, webcam etc.)

• Alex: I was working with Oliver on integrating the front end and back end during the week.
    • Oliver: The real fun has finally began – and we’re now watching our product come to life. I began the integration process between the front-end and the back-end, ironing out the kinks and paving the way for future integration ahead. I also continued work on the back-end API, adding logic for when items are replaced to the fridge. This ensures that the item count and expiry dates remain correct, even when the same item is removed and placed back into the fridge.

We are currently on track in our timeline, but need to speed up for our integration components, as we suspect that this will be the part that will cause the most problems. Next week, besides working on integration, we will also be continuing to iron out issues in the individual components; in particular:

• Samuel: Will work on background-change detection to see when fruits are coming in; attempt various preprocessing techniques to make network more robust.
  • Alex: Will finish integrating the front end with the backend API
  • Oliver: Coming up, another key integration task is to ensure that the Jetson and CV system is integrated with the API. I will also have to continue work with Alex to bring other aspects of the front-end into fruition, such as editing previous transactions.