Lisa’s Status Report for April 23, 2022

This week, I was able to get the whiteboard working so that it could now take in the camera feed as input and vectorize it. It detects the lines using computer vision, which then gets passed into the vectorizer to produce the output that we see in the whiteboard. Originally, without the computer vision method, the vectorized image was showing up as several smaller lines (as I showed during the demo on Monday), but I fixed the issue using computer vision to detect the lines beforehand.

I also created a “Erase all” feature that erases the entire whiteboard, and a “group lines” feature. The “group lines” feature will group together all the lines that the user selects into one line.

The biggest accomplishment this week was getting both rotating and scaling to work. The video below shows how it works. I can’t upload a video but we will be showing a video of the feature during our presentation in the coming week. One issue that doesn’t have to do with functionality but more user usability is that you cant drag too fast, otherwise the GUI will not be able to update the line fast enough to keep up with the mouse clicks. I will try to modify this next week

Finally, I worked on the presentation slides for this week, mainly the vectorizing part of the solution approach, and providing an updated schedule.

Next week, in addition to working on the issue I mentioned earlier, I’ll also work on integrating my code with Denise and Ronald’s and work on some of the stretch goals. So far, we are on schedule.