Shreya’s Status Update 3/19/2022

This week and at the tail end of Spring Break, I continued work on the beat tracker. I was able to output a set of time stamps from the beat tracker from the given audio file. I also created the json that holds the information. 

Currently, the json assumes that everything will be on the same button. However, this is planned to change post-MVP.

On first glance, the tracker seems to have an alright accuracy. Compared to Librosa’s beat tracker, it is usually with a .2s timer. However, after further analysis of the Librosa beat tracker, I have noticed that their tracker stops about thirty seconds before the end of the audio file. I am unsure if we can use their beat tracker as an accurate count of beats.

The plan for tomorrow and the beginning of next week is to visualize the beat tracking to get a better sense of its accuracy to the song. It probably does need to be tuned and there are a few parameters I can change if it needs to be tuned.

So far, we seem to be mostly on track for having the project done. Fine tuning the beat tracker will need to be done next week with the visualization and then research on melody tracking will likely have to happen.

I feel a few days behind schedule because I don’t have final verification that the beat tracker works, but it should not be too difficult to catch back up