George’s Status Report for 4/16

49I did a lot of work on this capstone project last week (Week of April 3), and I had deadlines in 2 other classes this week, so this week I worked on this capstone project less than I typically do. That being said, I did make some progress this week:

1. Fixed bug related to drums not being recognized sometimes
  2. Made preparations for playtesting next week

Earlier this week we were running into a serial message parsing issue with our gameplay code. I spent some time debugging this and I came to the conclusion that there was a mismatch between Stephen’s microcontroller serial code and my gameplay serial code. The issue was caused by an erroneous “\n” character being sent from the microcontroller. Once we removed the “\n” the issue fixed itself.

I also created a Google Form where people can sign up to playtest our game. We will be having multiple playtesting sessions next week. I will be present at all of these sessions because the game is being run on my computer.

I am on progress to meet the end of semester deadline. Our game is nearly complete; the remaining features are mainly cosmetic.

Next week I will conduct playtesting sessions, add some finishing touches to the gameplay GUI, and prepare for the final presentation.