George’s Status Report for 4/2

This has been a very hectic week for me. The good news is that I have job offers on the table for after I graduate! The bad news is that I had a little less time to work on this project than I would have liked. I had job interviews on Wednesday and I’ve had a ton of phone calls and decision-making to do this week, which was pretty time consuming.

The game is now compiling on Windows. I met with my teammates last week and we all worked together to resolve the compilation problem. To get the game to compile on Windows, we had to comment out the Sound.cpp code, because the sound library that I am using, which claimed to work on Windows, does not work out-of-the-box on Windows.

The game is in a-playable state, but it is still pretty simple. The remainder of my work for this semester will be related to making the game more polished and fun to play.

Here are the tasks that I will be working on next week. This is a lot of work; I intend on working a little bit during Carnival. It is critical that the game takes shape ASAP so that we can playtest it after carnival.

1. Get sound to work on Windows
  2. Add “Miss”, “Good”, and “Awesome” hit indicators to PlayMode
  3. Add health bar to gameplay scene
  4. Set up basic main menu and song selection menu so that Shreya and Stephen can work on them