Shreya’s Status Report for 3/26

For this week, I was working on testing and verifying the accuracy of the beat map. I mentioned before that I didn’t particularly trust the accuracy of the beat map. While looking at the beat tracking accuracy on the game itself, there was a slight offset and then some issues with the accuracy of the beat tracker. I think this is primarily due to the energy calculation I had instituted.
Originally, I was working with the equation that the scalar multiplier was equal to c = (-.0025714*energy) + 1.5142857

This worked fine on the primarily instrumental audio file. However, with the popular pop songs, I was unable to use this algorithm because the shift in intensities is a lot more varied when looking at the beats. Through testing, I need to find a new variable function for c.
One issue we ran into was that it’s difficult to visualize the beatmaps without the game code itself. The code unfortunately does not work on Windows, so we are having some trouble testing it. That is also reflected on the new gantt chart in our team status report.
Unfortunately, this does put us a few days behind schedule and I may have to implement a simpler melody tracker to compensate, but that will be determined. I created a side testing platform with the Python standard audio processing data, but the visualizer is still more accurate. I can continue work on the scalar c function without it for now.
We are slightly behind schedule, but we should be able to complete the project in time.