Xiaoran Lin’s Status report 2/26/2022

This week, my main focus is expanding our efforts on the arduino, and providing an arduino script that would be controlled using serial communication with python script. The system works well with a single sensor single vibration unit model, I was able to control the vibration and the on and off of the sensors through writing serial messages to the arduino. Furthermore, I was able to write a basic python script, that would communicate with the arduino to turn on the vibration unit whenever the sensors senses object <30cm, and turn off otherwise. We ran the script on raspberry pi and it worked well. I also tested connection and controlling multiple sensors with the same trigger pin, and it also worked.

One particular challenge I noticed was using pulseIn to receive multiple sensor information at the same time. In which I will have to read the source code and implement my own pulseIn

Next week, I will be increasing the scale of the arduino system to include all sensors and vibration units.