Austin’s Status Report 4/2/2022

Austin’s Status Report 4/2/2022

This week I worked on bluetooth transmission. I found a java script that can receive bluetooth signals on windows laptops and was able to send and receive data to/from the arduino board. After proving that the example from the internet worked, I worked on implementing this in our arduino code. Sending data was pretty easy. However, receiving data proved to be quite complex since the data is sent one character at a time. It was very difficult to get the Arduino to process each character into a string. I kept getting an empty string or a string with just one character. Eventually I was able to do get the entire string after searching for a “\n” at the end of the string.

In other news, I did not solder our heart rate sensor very well and it broke on Wednesday. We ordered 2 more. Hopefully, they will arrive before our interim demo.

Lev also told me that our bluetooth module stopped working and we placed an order for 5 more. I will attempt to also secure one from another group.

My plan for this week is to clean up my arduino code and help David and Lev with integration with smart contracts.