Jean’s Status Report for 04/09/2022

This week, I had been working on a bluetooth module. Earlier in the week I found a problem with the instability in the connection between the bluetooth module and MacBook bluetooth. I couldn’t find a solution online but people have been reported to have similar issues. I recently found the solution to maintain the connection of the bluetooth to Mac so I have written the python code to test on sending and reading data from the bluetooth. However, the data is not being sent nor received on the python and arduino side. I am planning to test the pin transmission using an oscilloscope on Monday. If the problem is not resolved I will go ask for advice from the Arduino class professor for some guidance by the middle of this week. EMG sensor has arrived so I plan to test on it with the interface integration this week. For this week’s plan, after getting the basic bluetooth setup to work, we have to figure out data packaging for the incoming left vs right arm that will be sent through the bluetooth module. I also thought of trying out FFT data analysis with Jonathan’s model after this.